Interview Training Testimonials
I have been on a number of interviews over the years; some of which I prepared for using the book Knock ‘em Dead! (A great book, by the way.) I had never had the opportunity to work with someone one-on-one, and, upon learning that Susan offered this service, I decided that this was something I shouldn’t pass up. Susan knows her industry intimately, and I became comfortable with the decision to spend the extra money and take advantage of her knowledge.
Susan gave me an assignment prior to our session: to research a company in my city that I might have a chance to work for, and to dress exactly as if I were on an actual interview with them. This was great practice that I can put to practical use in the future.
First, she critiqued my attire, to help me avoid any issues with employers, and advised me on do’s and don’ts in an interview situation. Next we went on to possible questions that might be asked pertaining to business aviation. She asked me a battery of questions, and after each response, she would give me positive and/or negative feedback that was pertinent. I feel so much more prepared than I would have been otherwise…and, after our one-on-one, I felt lighter than air, and walked out of our session with confidence.
I believe it would have been a missed opportunity if I had not had the one-on-one session with Susan. I recommend doing it if you have any doubts on how to win in an interview and get a corporate F/A position!
Judy Jascomb - Atlanta, Georgia
When I decided to really go after my new career as a corporate flight attendant, I signed up for the very best training courses in the business, FlightSafety International and Susan Friedenberg’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training. After completing both training courses, I felt like I had the skills and knowledge I needed to keep my passengers safe during their flight, while provided them with the five star service and elite catering. However, there was just going to be one little catch, how do I actually land the job. I extended my time in Atlanta to include the Interview for Success Training with Susan. This four and half hour, one-on-one class provides you with the skills you need to be able to navigate your way through the interviewing process. Susan teaches you how to set the tone of the meeting, to be able to engage the person conducting the interview and most importantly, how to make sure that it will be a successful interview resulting in a job? No matter what business experience you may have, this course truly prepares you to handle any type of interviewing circumstances and gives you the confidence and tools you need to land the job, after all, all the training you have means nothing if you don’t get the result you need in an interview. My first interview after this class resulted in a job.
Elizabeth Buchanan Corporate Flight Attendant Florida - October 2010
I had the opportunity to take Susan's Interview for Success Training in Long Beach California. I am currently a corporate flight attendant in the Southern California area. I was reticent to take any type of training that I felt just reinforced skills I was sure I had innately acquired through experience and previous job interviews. I was proven wrong and am grateful that I took the leap of faith and signed up for this vital component of Susan's training program.
Susan's training is a mock interview for a full time corporate flight attendant position with a Fortune 500 company. Susan asked me to arrive dressed professionally as if I were going to an interview, gave me the name of a company to use as a model for the interview and told me briefly the design of the activity and the objectives and desired outcome.
She had me meet her in a executive lounge of a local hotel near the training center. I walked in, she introduced herself as the HR executive for the company and CEO, and the interview began. During the course of the next four hours Susan spent time asking me questions about my background, experience, skill set and personality style as well as questions pertaining specifically to the company I was interviewing for as a full time employee. She tested my ability to handle open ended questions, leading questions and how to answer questions designed to draw out personality traits and alleged job experienced and expressed in my resume.
Following the interview the analysis began on how I answered the questions and presented myself during the process. Susan's insights helped me better understand how others see me, how I present myself professionally and how to better build my responses in an interview to show my skill sets and potential contributions to a prospective client/flight department. Susan's guidance has proved to be useful and invaluable in the past few years in each and every of my contract flight attendant interviews. I do not feel I could have been as successful in my career path without this training. I highly recommend it to anyone considering looking for employment in the current market. It may prove to be the edge you need to put you ahead of all other candidates.
Matt - Corporate Flight Attendant Long Beach, CA - October, 2010
* It was my true pleasure to be Susan's student in June in Atlanta at FlightSafety. Susan is very passionate about business aviation. She treats every client like they are the most important she’s ever had, and she is always willing to help her students even after the training. Ms. Friedenberg is both very professional and personable and I loved every minute of her training.
I would highly recommend taking the Interview For Success Training as well, because it will help you to land the job. This is a great opportunity to learn how to present yourself successfully during a job interview, because you don't get a second chance to make that first impression. This 4 hour training helps you to polish your interview skills and learn many new ones and teaches you some of the hard questions that a flight manager might pose to you in the interview. You never know what you could be asked..... and Susan gets to the core of what those questions might be for this industry and type of flying. Believe me, Interview For Success Training is well worth the investment. It is perfect to attend after the first 4 days of her initial training.
Thank you Susan, for everything you taught me.
Elena Campbell – Corporate Flight Attendant Savannah, Georgia -August, 2010
* I have just completed Susan Friedenberg’s Interview for Success Training. Having never worked in the corporate aviation industry, I found this one on one training so informative and complete. With her coaching, I learned how to effectively answer questions posed by potential corporate flight department managers or a chief flight attendant by integrating the correct business aviation terminology integrated with my previous work experiences and my life! Susan was also very helpful in assisting me in completing my resume for success in this industry. This should be a “bucket list” class/training for the experienced or inexperienced corporate flight attendant. I loved doing this training right after my 4 day training with her. Thank you, Susan.
Sandy S. Newman - August 2010 New England
* After attending the C.F.A.T. I decided to take her Interview for Success Training for Business Aviation. I knew that I now had the best training after attending Susan's class for a position as a corporate flight attendant. I did not want to lose any future job opportunities by a weak cover letter, resume and non educated interview techniques. I have friends who work in Human Resources for Fortune 100 companies and everyone said that the art of the interview process is crucial. I have always hated interviewing and believed that my interview skills weren't the best. This was my chance to get feedback from an expert in her field and improve my interview skills so that I could land the perfect job. I also attended that training and it was great! I had quite a few interviews after this training. The one on one training was of the utmost importance in that process! I encourage anyone who wants to enter the business aviation industry to contact Susan C. Friedenberg for all of your training needs.
Geoffrey Head - Corporate Flight Attendant - August 2010 Chicago, Illinois
* After having been a commercial flight attendant for over 19 years, I pursued another career, but I soon realized that a continuing career in aviation is what I want. I was always fascinated with business aviation and began to research how to become a Corporate Flight Attendant and in my research I found Susan Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training program. After chatting with her, I decided to sign up for her course, "Corporate Flight Attendant Training." Coming from a commercial background, I was somewhat apprehensive, but Susan allayed my fears. Soon after she came into the room, her classy style, wit, and charm became evident. I knew then that I had made the right decision. There was never a dull moment in her class. Susan's training has given me the tools I need to help me achieve my goal of being a corporate flight attendant. I feel that one absolutely should not go from commercial to corporate flight attendant without taking this training program offered by Susan Friedenberg. You get a large amount of information in a short amount of time, but she covers everything you need to know and some things you hope not to encounter (Being Banished). The manual which you receive is a wonderful reference to which I can always refer. After the course, I felt empowered and confident that I had just attended the best training, and am now capable of executing almost any task and can market myself. I am also impressed by the continuing support and encouragement which Susan gives you. She is never too busy to answer e-mails or talk with you on the phone. Recently, I took Susan's course, "Interview for Success Training." The course has given me the tools, knowledge, and skills to enhance my abilities to market myself in this stressed economy. After these courses, I can truly say that I concur with the opinion of those who say that Susan Friedenberg and her courses are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST.
Leslie Allen Baltimore, MD - September 2009
* I would love to thank you for the tremendous knowledge and insight I received taking your Corporate Flight Attendant Training and Interview For Success Training. I was hired for a full time position after my second interview! My first trip with this account (who is now my employer) was with the CEO of a company and on his Challenger 601. I felt confident with all of my training and carried out my duties with comfort and success, creatively incorporating all of the valuable information you shared throughout the training. This was a new career choice for me, and you made me feel like I had been doing it for years! I have already been commended by my superiors for my superb service. I will be forever grateful for your loyalty to this industry and me as your student and now friend.
Respectfully, Wendy S Frazier Atlanta, GA - September 2007
* Susan C. Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training and Interview for Success Training were the best investments I could have made in my career as a corporate aviation flight attendant. After one year of flying for a fractional aviation company, I thought I had learned enough to go out on my own. I spent 4 months sending out resumes, making calls and doing all I could to get a flying job. Finally, I realized that there must be something that the other flight attendants out there know that I don't. So I invested in Susan's class in Long Beach, CA. I was not too sure if I would really learn anything new, but I did not know where else to turn. As it turns out, I truly made the right decision! Just 4 days after my Interview for Success Training, I had a major charter company invite me in for an interview! Now, less than 2 weeks after taking that class, I'll be flying my first trip! With Susan's training I accomplished in a few days what I had been trying to do for the past 4 months. I highly recommend this training to everyone looking to succeed in corporate aviation.
Felissa - Southern California; November, 2006
* If Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training can be compared to a luxurious cake, her Interview for Success Training would be the decadent frosting. Getting the job takes panache. Knowing what to expect, what questions to ask, and how to negotiate money may mean the difference between getting a job and getting the RIGHT job for you! Rehearsing the interview process in depth helped me to develop my creative mind set - giving me the ability to field every question I have been asked on interviews since her training. Susan also teaches you how to research the principle players and their company. These details set you apart from everyone else who interviews. This training has fast-tracked my success. Weeks out of Susan's training's, I am being offered highly-lucrative positions. I attribute my confident demeanor in asking for what I want, to Susan's Interview for Success Training - and getting it! It is invaluable!
Robin - Los Angeles, 2006