TestimonialsWhen I first met Susan, I knew absolutely nothing about the corporate aviation world. I had just started my commercial airline flying job and someone told me that I had to meet Susan and take her class because she was the "queen of corporate aviation" as far as business aviation flight attendants were concerned. When I finally had the chance to meet her at a conference I told her about my job with the regional airline and she said, "How gross, we must get you off of that filthy commercial airplane".
I received a scholarship for her 4 day training class in Teterboro, NJ. I had no Idea what to expect. She promised to teach everything she knew about being a corporate flight attendant and that was almost an understatement to say the least . :)
Her training class gives you more than just the tools to be a successful corporate flight attendant. Susan instills in you the confidence to present yourself as a successful business woman.
Her course is jam packed with priceless information from serving caviar to resume' and cover letter presentation and marketing applications for this industry.
Her hands on catering demonstrations along with some cabin trainer exercises gives you the opportunity to see how your first flights as a corporate flight attendant will operate and all of the unanticipated things that can happen. Susan teaches you how to think and operate "out of the catering box" to create excellence on those first trips and be asked back by the operator you are flying for.
I am very thankful and blessed to have had the opportunity!
Isha Jordan - Michigan - March 2013
Susan is an amazing woman whom I have great respect for! She has educated me in the endless facets that encompass becoming successful within the business aviation industry! I'm very fortunate to have found and chosen her training course over others.
Currently, I am flying commercially as a Part 121 flight attendant and I am transitioning over to Parts 91/135. Susan's intense 40 hour training has given me a solid foundation, tools and the strong confidence required to become successful within the Corporate Aviation Industry.
Susan provided me with all the critical information required to fulfill my role as a corporate flight attendant. She shares her personal knowledge, insight, as well the must and must not's. She empowers you to attain success and is always there to answer and support you when needed at any time. She mentors people after you take her training. She is always just a telephone call away for any questions.
Susan's passion, care and total commitment for this industry is evident in her dedication and instruction through her course syllabus and manual. It was a privilege to have taken her training and now be recognized as one of her graduates. Having her name on my resume will open hangar doors! I take great pride in calling her my friend and mentor.
For those of you reading these testimonials and thinking about this career change and the best training out there…..Ask yourself, "Do you want to get the best education on the job, how to get one and do it right on your first trip and be the best!" You have come to the right place to get the right education.
Kimberly Bancroft – Corporate Flight Attendant
Chicago, IL - November 2012
Having worked 12 years as a flight attendant with a charter and scheduled airline I assumed that I was well prepared in transitioning to business aviation. Not only did I fly for a Part 121 airline, I was an instructor myself! However, after enrolling in Susan Friedenberg’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training I realized how very different the two environments actually are.
Susan’s training was one of the most comprehensive programs I’ve ever taken. Her professional, expertise and vast experience proved invaluable. There wasn't a contingency, problem, or situation that wasn't tackled, as well as a solution offered. In addition to learning what is expected with regards to in-flight service and responsibilities, she taught food safety awareness and the specific language of business aviation catering, including global catering procurement. Her hands-on food preparation and presentation sessions, and her meal planning exercises were extremely helpful in understanding the dynamics that go into making a flight a successful one.
Besides flight attendant training Susan also offers Interview for Success Training, a one-on-one five hour training focusing on the employment process, covering everything from resumes and cover letters, to telephone and in person interviews. Susan’s keen business sense, her knowledge of the market, and her networking savvy, made this class a must. I highly recommend it.
I believe that I would never have achieved the level of success in my career without the training I received from Susan Friedenberg.
-Chris Lally – Wilmington, Delaware
Thank you for taking me under your wing. I want you to know that I admire your strength, intelligence, wit, and unconditional love you exude to your students and your devotion to share and empower others to succeed in this industry. You are an extremely generous woman with a kind soul who wears her heart and high standards on your sleeve.
I admire your willingness to stand-up for what you believe in and are committed to. Many people are afraid to speak up and shy away because of fear of what others think. You are a brave woman that has made a difference in this industry and know that your voice has been heard whether they admit it or not. Because of you, the industry will slowly accept what you and others bravely stand up to say regarding egress training. Hopefully, things will improve where it applies to safety and standards for the future of women and millions others in Parts 91/135.
It takes a lot for me to hold an individual in a position known as my mentor. My standards are high and I only choose to reflect those that I believe challenge me and make a difference in the direction I want my life to go. They must have high standards for themselves and have integrity, as well as someone I can respect by their leadership. I am proud to call you my mentor and am extremely privileged to have had the ability to learn from you and all your experiences for a career I truly have a passion for.
Needless to say, your training was amazing and I can't imagine trying to be a corporate flight attendant without any flying experience or having flown as a commercial flight attendant without this training. And let’s not even talk about the 12 pound page training manual that I take everywhere!
Anyone considering taking Susan’s course please feel free to contact me anytime. I would enjoy the opportunity of sharing with you how Susan’s class has provided me with an incredible solid foundation, which I have since been building upon. Plus, she is always at the other end of the line when I have a question!
Susan’s course has given me the key to becoming successful within this industry. And empowered me to fly solo as a Corporate Flight Attendant.
-Carolyn L. Grosshans Corporate Flight Attendant - Oct, 2012
I was lucky enough to have Susan's class highly recommended to me by a thriving NYC corporate flight attendant and so I enrolled in what was to become the best class I have ever taken. Through 4 days of the class, I was always so motivated to learn, and always so eager to hear the many real life successes and many real life failures; there was never a dull moment. A lot of wow's and a lot of laughter shared. With Susan's heartfelt presentation you just know you are getting the most enlightening, factual information delivered with care and industry commitment. There is nothing held back with Susan's a-z of the corporate flight attendant's life and job responsibilities. That is what has made me fully prepared to accomplish what I set out to achieve.
A few months passed between taking Susan's class and making myself available to fly. In that time, I was able to mentally prepare for the adventure of embarking on this new career. From the resume and cover letter, shoes and suit to the paperwork needed to have in place while enabling me to conduct myself as a business woman in business aviation.
Every question I have had along the way I was able to answer by going back to my Bible (my flight attendant training book). I mean EVERY question. I have since begun contracting...Woohoo!! Naturally I will make mistakes and will have thousands more questions as I go along. But I will always proceed with a great confidence achieved from taking Susan's class. I know that I have learned from a great woman and a great leader who takes pride in everything she does. If you are interested in pursuing a career as a corporate flight attendant, this class is a MUST! Thank you Susan!!!
With love and gratitude,
Aida Feliciano - Business Aviation Flight Attendant - NYC, NY
Class - November 2011 - Teterboro, NJ
Susan C. Friedenberg is the ultimate professional. Of the thousands of people I have encountered through my walk in life, she is by far the most superior from every aspect that makes up a human being.
I was fortunate enough to find her just when I needed her. After deciding to embark on the exciting career of a corporate flight attendant, and going through the rewarding challenges of emergency and flight etiquette training, I found myself with a plethora of questions that I had no answers for. I needed to find the secret piece to the rest of the puzzle of just how to become a successful corporate flight attendant.
Susan’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training Course was my last stop, the piece that was missing, the answer to my quest. The Holy Grail.
From the moment I walked into her first class with my eyes “like a deer in headlights” (Susan’s description of me!) I was hooked. Hooked by Susan’s passion to share all of her knowledge unconditionally, about everything I need to know in the world of the corporate flight attendant and then some. She gave 500% to the class, from sunup to sundown, and never stopped or missed a beat. I learned more than I could ever have dreamed of from her, and the 300+ page textbook that she put her heart and soul into writing, is attached to my hip. It is filled with the rest of the story and I can’t imagine anyone embarking on this career without taking her course. It is a must, and invaluable to understanding the importance of everything from food safety to how to appropriately and professionally present yourself in the marketplace to land that really cool job.
I recently took Susan’s course in December 2011, as I write this it is January 2012. A few weeks ago I sent out my first group of resume booklets, and already have been called for phone interviews. That speaks volumes for Susan and what her course can do for you.
Susan has the knack for presenting the importance of what you are learning in a humorous way when appropriate. The class is as intense as it is fun. She made sure the classroom was filled with positive vibes and laughter, and never, ever, was intimidating. Even after two days in and I had gone through my third yellow highlighter, she found a way to make light of it by dryly insinuating that anyone who reads my textbook will need sunglasses!
I walked out the last day quite sad the experience was over, but completely empowered by my new knowledge, more self-confident than when I walked in, and no longer that timid deer frozen in her tracks; but a woman who is ready, willing and most important, ABLE to conquer her dreams.
Corporate Flight Attendant - Arizona & California
I had been dying to become a Corporate Flight Attendant for years! Other then being a passenger I didn't have any aviation experience at all. I decided to take the leap a little over a year ago and get trained. Against Susan's advice I went to safety training before enrolling in her course. I spent a very long year trying to get a job in this industry and fell short with each effort. Finally I jumped on the Susan Train and spent four long, wonderful and informative days in her Corporate Flight Attendant Class in Teterboro, NJ.
Susan's knowledge of this industry is beyond extensive! She shares this knowledge with her students without it being overwhelming and even manages to make it fun! Even after the course is over she is still there for you! She truly cares about her students and the relationship doesn't end with the completion of the course.
I landed my first trip only a month after taking Susan's class. PANIC washed over me! What shoes do I wear? How should I do my hair? What about my outfit?!?!?! And most importantly, what about the catering!!!!??? Not only was I in constant communication with Susan, I had my "Flight Attendant Bible" THE MANUAL ( Susan provides this amazing tool to all her students.) This thing is a life saver. My first trip had some minor hiccups, but I didn't get Banished so all in all it was a successful mission!
I am so happy I had the opportunity to attend this training! I just wish I would have taken it sooner. If you are trying to get into this business or if you just need to spruce up your existing skills, look no further - you have found the right place! Even if you are already a contract F/A, you can learn so much from her experience in business aviation and this training.
Thank you Susan!!!!!!!
Corporate Flight Attendant
Los Angeles, CA - November 2011
Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training was more than I could have ever hoped for. I believe that it has completely prepared me for this exciting new career!
After flying commercial for 12 years, I decided to make the jump to corporate flying…. I feel like I could not have made this transition without Susan's expertise, compassion and guidance. Susan's thoroughness and incredible sense of humor made the training a real delight....
There was so much to cover in our 4 days together, but I looked forward to returning each day as I just wanted to take in as much as I could. I wanted to absorb everything Susan was teaching us.
I believe she truly cares for each and every one of her student's and our success in this career... I recommend anyone interested in becoming a corporate aviation flight attendant to call Susan. I can tell you, that you will not regret it.
I'm so grateful for her guidance, and now I am totally sure that "Being Banished Is Not An Option " for me!
Thank you Susan, you are awesome!
Maria Staudenmeier - Channel Islands, California - November 2011
SUSAN FRIEDENBERG’S TRAINING IN RAP!
Susan’s Corporate Flight Attendant class is worth a ton of loot,
She’s a wealth of knowledge, professional and quite funny to boot,
From Catering, Marketing yourself, plus how best to dress,
Susan’s dedicated and passionate to set you up for success,
I learned so much in just four days of class,
Susan’s training will be burned in my memory which will never pass,
Her attention to every detail, to grading my dessert concoction
Always remembering being banished is not an option J
Thank you so much for such a great experience.
Phoenix, Arizona - October, 2011
For those of you considering Corporate Flight Attendant Training and this career, JUST DO IT!! Although my years in commercial aviation with two airlines was of great value, I could not imagine stepping onto a corporate aircraft without the knowledge, skills and shared “tricks of the trade” that Susan provides in this four day fun filled informative course. Susan’s passion, experience and talent validates her abilities as a true leader in Business Aviation…..Thank you Susan!
Diane Davy – Philadelphia, PA – October, 2011
I decided to attend Susan’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training on the recommendation of a friend who knew her at Coca-Cola as a contract employee. Coming from the commercial flight attendant arena, I had no clue on how to break in the corporate industry. Her course does not come cheap…but, after some reflection, I decided to go for it, and traveled the distance from Atlanta to Long Beach for her June 2011 class.
Susan’s knowledge is impressive…She has worked in both the commercial and corporate arenas, and clearly lays down the differences between the two. Her classes are organized, and thorough, and no stone is left unturned! She was energetic, enthusiastic, and well-prepared. She was like a big sis to her students, giving us the low-down on what to do and what not to do in the corporate world. She recounted personal experiences she has had that we could learn from, and wanted us to never have the humiliation of being ’banished’ from anyone’s company!
I am a satisfied customer…and I hope to parlay the things I learned from her into a new career. I believe it was money well spent.
Judy Jascomb – Atlanta, Georgia
September - 2011
Wow! What can I say? Susan's four day training course is the most thorough and comprehensive course out there. Ten hours plus each day of intense instruction that covers everything you need to know about a career as a corporate aviation flight attendant.And did I mention the 3 inch thick manual you get with the class? I still haven't finished reading through it yet. Susan has also included several forms that will be of great use on the job. After completing Susan's training class, I feel confident that I have the skills and knowledge to not only get a great flying position in business aviation
but to do the job the right way and to be great at it!
Jennifer Giller - August 2011
Corporate Flight Attendant
I was enrolled in Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training Program in March of 2011. I met a successful corporate flight attendant that had taken her training who directed me to Susan's training after I showed an interest in becoming a corporate flight attendant. I was looking to start a new career and who better to learn from than the best in the industry.
Susan was professional from the beginning, promptly returning e-mails and phone calls to answer any and all questions. She puts a personal passion in her work as you speak directly to her and not an associate. The training was a complete package. Every aspect of my new career was covered and explained in depth. The information was endless and detailed. She provided a manual which, to me, is a Bible in the corporate flight attendant's life. The manual itself is priceless. It is a thorough explanation of the business aviation F/A's life, job and a quick reference guide. The class itself was amazing. The students were amazing. Everyday I learned so much. It was exciting.
There are endless tricks and techniques that you can only learn from Susan. I feel like a part of a family. My fiance owns a Charter company in Southern California. Now, when I order catering for his client's, I am constantly commended on my professionalism and attention to every detail!. I feel confident knowing whoever will be working, has the best resources possible because of Susan's training. Although the corporate flying world may seem vast it is actually quite small. Many of my fiance's contacts are familiar with Susan and they all view her in high regard.
Susan is the best, top notch. You will leave her program educated, confident, and armed with a solid understanding of what a corporate flight attendant should be. Thank you Susan!!
Stacy - Southern California 2011
Anyone interested in joining the Corporate World, as a flight attendant, needs to attend Susan C. Friedenberg’s Corporate Flight Attendant training. If you want to be inspired, motivated and challenged in this business, Susan can show you the path to success.
Being a professional Corporate Flight Attendant with tremendous knowledge, skill and power is important to me. I strive to be the best in the industry. Susan helped me carve my path and perfect my job skills. She is creative, detailed and determined to send a strong message to her students. If you invest in her course she will guide you into your flying career and you will be in demand. Susan’s energy, expertise and knowledge of the industry will help you in every aspect of our job.
Looking from the outside in … the corporate flying industry can appear exciting and fun. Traveling around the world, meeting people and having a career that you love is incredible. If you want to start this journey and have a firm hold of the industry with secrets of the trade, tools to make your job easier and a competitive edge, Susan’s course will be of true value.
My corporate flying career started three years ago. I only wish I had met Susan sooner.
If you are serious about a Corporate Flying career join her class today!
Allie St. John
San Jose, CA
I had taken other courses for training as a Corporate Flight Attendant, but then I was informed about Susan C. Friedenberg’s class for Corporate Flight Attendant Training for Business Women and decided to attend it after looking at the testimonials on her web site and speaking with her. I was very unsure of my new job skills after completing another training class. No questions had been answered and I felt lost. I had no idea what to do when called to take that first flight or even how to correctly order a meal service. I was really inspired after taking her class.
Susan covered every aspect from start to finish about a working a flight. Being brand new to the Corporate Aviation world, I feel very confident now. I know exactly what to do and I have no concerns about how to take care of my employer’s clients and what questions to ask regarding everything about a flight department's specific operational needs. Susan’s course is very in depth, so be prepared to get down to business and be a part of a long informative 4 day training! Susan is a fun loving person, but is very serious about her craft. She answers all of your questions and never leaves you with a feeling of inadequacy.
Even if you are a seasoned Corporate Flight Attendant and feel there is nothing left to learn, you will be impressed at all the information she has to give. We had seasoned Corporate Flight Attendants in our class that definitely acquired additional information from this class.
If you are serious about your craft, whether new or seasoned, you will come away from Susan C. Friedenberg’s class with renewed energy and a sense of security. I highly recommend Susan’s class to any and all that loves the Corporate Flight Attendant Life & Career!
Kyle - May, 2011 Arizona
It was yearly aircraft maintenance time for the beautiful business jet I work on. Away went the pilots to recurrent simulator training and the corporate flight attendant (ME) was left behind with the instructions to find a training for herself also...
After many searches in the cyber space world, feeling a little lost and overwhelmed, she reached a conclusion: only one name seemed to stand out. Only one training seemed to banish all the others. It was Susan Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training.
Very convinced that this was her destiny, the young flight attendant persuaded her chief pilot and away she went to New York, to meet this lady full of wisdom. For four days, she endlessly learned, more and more everyday, more she would have dreamed of!
Her mentor was so knowledgeable, professional, experienced, passionate, generous, well-spoken, creative, precise, attentive and she even made her laugh to tears, more than once!
Oh, how many mistakes would have been avoided had she met Susan before. How much stress and distress would have been spared. How caterers would have loved her, so much more. How confident would she have felt in her work! Alas, this was the past and she had to be thankful for taking the training now! No more trial and error for her.
The future was shining bright for the young flight attendant. She went home with her Bible, I mean binder/manual. Full of great insights, new found confidence, more professional than ever and knowing she had so many new tools to utilize in her work.
The pilots, the AP mechanic, the passengers and, most importantly the CEO were feeling this new great change. They were ready to live happily ever after! She could now smile at 43,000 feet, feeling less lonely, because she had met her fairy god mother.
Getting banished was no longer an option, that she knew!
With a lot of love and gratitude!
Sabine Bourgault, Corporate Flight Attendant
Montreal, May 2011
Attending Susan C. Friedenberg’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my entire flying career. I came from a commercial background and have flown corporate for three years.
I arrived three years late to Susan’s class! Circumstances prevented me from attending her training in the beginning, so I found myself “self taught” “blind” “stumped by my own panel” of the decision making process.
I have asked questions of other flight attendants about catering, finding other companies to contract for, I wanted to know tricks, hints and things to make my job easier. I had endless questions. I generally just figured things out on my own. Others ignored me (let me get back to you), or I can’t remember or so sorry, I forgot to write that down in my notes. I still get those that are helpful out there.
By the grace of my good fortune I was able to attend Susan C. Friedenberg’s Training this past March and it opened my eyes to new, efficient, creative ways to make my job even more complete. I had to sit on my hands every day as I wanted to share experiences and assure everyone that the journey they were about to take will be so much easier for them since they were attending this training now.
Nothing felt repetitious even if I knew much of the information. It felt more like a refresher or confirmation that I am doing my job correctly. I think I needed to know in my heart that what I put out in my career was the best and what I learned in addition was going to be “icing on the cake”!! It was an educational, inspiring, in-depth overview of everything you will encounter in the corporate flying industry.
I highly recommend that anyone starting out in business aviation, seek the advice, knowledge, humor and expertise of Susan C. Friedenberg. And if you are like me and arrived later in the game … you will be glad you took this training now. Better late then never!
Southern California - April, 2011
I became aware of Susan and her well respected training after joining NBAA (National Aviation Association Association) as an independent corporate flight attendant. I have my own company that specializes in flying with passengers traveling with their pets and we are huge advocates for pet safety on private aircraft, so I was impressed with Susan’s attention and passion to safety in her posts on NBAA Airmail. It became apparent that Susan’s knowledge of the industry and her dedication to the advancement and industry respect of the position of the third crew member was unmatched and I decided I wanted to take her course and learn all I could from her.
As a fellow professional, I highly recommend Susan’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training. After 30 years in commercial aviation and 3 years as a corporate flight attendant I sat in that class for 4 days and absorbed her generous sharing of information like a sponge. Susan does not hold back and you will leave this class with a complete wealth of experience that would otherwise take you years to accrue and we have a difficult time sharing in this industry where we so often work alone. And why make mistakes that can be learned in advance by getting the best day to day and equipment type to equipment type education that you can?
Quite importantly, she covers the “day-in-the-life” so you have a feel of how to make your way through a real trip and know what to expect in minute detail. Even more critical, though, she teaches you how to comport yourself as a true business person working in a professional and ethical manner that will allow you to proceed with confidence through your career. This is what will truly set you apart from the masses and allow you to gain that edge in this competitive market where you have to think on the fly and constantly re-create and re-invent yourself as Susan says.
Susan’s class will give you the tools to succeed and enjoy this amazing career. I can also promise you that you will not have a dull moment during this class! Sign up, secure a space, learn, enjoy and see you out there…
Carol Martin, Corporate Flight Attendant
- Oregon, April 2011
This training covers everything that you do on a daily basis. I had no idea that ordering catering alone, could be so complicated! I feel so much better prepared for my first trip than I ever would have, had I not taken this course. I would definitely recommend Susan to anyone with an interest in starting a career as a corporate flight attendant. Susan made the 4-day training course so much fun. Even after spending 10 hours straight in a small classroom with her, I still looked forward to coming back the next morning. She is quite a character! Susan is absolutely hilarious, quirky, intelligent, encouraging, real, personable, and a very thorough instructor.
Her manual weighs 5.6 lbs (it will NOT fit in your carry-on luggage, FYI) and was 272 some odd pages long of very critical and important information. And she went over almost every single page with us during those 4 days. By the end of class, nearly all the pages in my manual were book marked with yellow sticky notes. The manual is extremely helpful to have, and I know I'll still be using my manual as a reference later on. All in all, my experience with Susan and her training course was fantastic, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. When I received a recommendation for Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training from a well known industry pilot instructor, I was told "She really knows her stuff". And by the end of the first day of Susan's training, I was saying that myself. I couldn't imagine taking off in this career without the help of Susan's training.
There's so much more to being a corporate flight attendant than being able to safely evacuate your passengers from the plane in the event of an emergency (which is very important needless to say, but something you most likely will never do). This training covers everything that you do on a daily basis. I had no idea that ordering catering alone, could be so complicated! I feel so much better prepared for my first trip than I ever would have, had I not taken this course. I would definitely recommend Susan to anyone with an interest in starting a career as a corporate flight attendant. Susan made the 4-day training course so much fun.
Even after spending 10 hours straight in a small classroom with her, I still looked forward to coming back the next morning. She is quite a character! Susan is absolutely hilarious, quirky, intelligent, encouraging, real, personable, and a very thorough instructor. Her manual weighs 5.6 lbs (it will NOT fit in your carry-on luggage, FYI) and was 272 some odd pages long of very critical and important information. And she went over almost every single page with us during those 4 days. By the end of class, nearly all the pages in my manual were book marked with yellow sticky notes. The manual is extremely helpful to have, and I know I'll still be using my manual as a reference later on. All in all, my experience with Susan and her training course was fantastic, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much, Susan!
Paris, TX - November 2010
What can I say about Susan’s Corporate Flight Attendant Training? Well, quite a bit, actually, but let’s start from the beginning.
Through a series of events that can only be described as destiny, I found myself once again contemplating a career in the aviation field – specifically – corporate flight attendant. With one child leaving for the Army, the other one growing up quickly and a very supportive husband, I decided to do whatever I could to finally make this dream of mine a career.
I attended FlightSafety International and received the training for the safety side of this industry. I had what I needed to keep my passengers safe, and the knowledge that I needed in case of any emergency on the aircraft. Now what? Which, by the way, was exactly what my husband asked me. “If you get a trip, do you know what to do?” My answer…. not really. Having met Susan Friedenberg while at FlightSafety, I knew where to get my answers. I called her and she immediately sent me the packet of information I needed to get signed up for the next available course.
So now, what I can say about the training? It’s intense, thorough, interesting and very enlightening. It is a course that takes someone with no experience as a flight attendant, and within 4 days turns you into an elite Corporate Flight Attendant. This career requires skills in time management, organization, attitude, professionalism and thinking completely out of the box. She teaches you all of these things, plus how to manage and market yourself in this very competitive business. From catering to international customs, this course gives you the information and the tools you need to succeed in this industry. Susan uses her life experiences, hands on approach and humor to engage each and every student. But when the class is done and you’re on your way to starting this new adventure, she is just a phone call away for advice, encouragement and information.
To be the best in this business, you need to be trained by the best. This class is just that. You will have the confidence and knowledge that you need to have a successful trip and ensure that you will be asked to fly with them again.
Thank you Susan, for your help in making my dream my new career.
Corporate Flight Attendant
Florida - October 2010
* I had the opportunity to take Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training in Long Beach, California five years ago. I am currently a corporate flight attendant in the Southern California area. I did my share of research on the Internet and called several different places. Susan's program was, in my opinion, the most comprehensive and well planned out of the programs I looked into. Beyond the well designed curriculum, the audio/video/textbook supplements and the classroom discussions, Susan provided an interactive style to learning that allowed everyone in the room to feel like they had a contribution to make.
The class provided a detailed framework from which to work within the corporate aviation world. I had the skills to do the job, I had the experience to make it work, I had the knowledge to seek out and interview for work but I did not know how to put it all together. Susan's training program allows the student to integrate current skill sets, knowledge base and life experience with her intimate knowledge of corporate aviation and make it personalized to your needs and career goals.
The classroom curriculum lends itself well to the student with zero experience, ancillary experience (like a Part 121 flight attendant or Personal Assistant) or even if you have been flying as a corporate flight attendant but are just not as successful as you could be in this market. I certainly would not have been as successful in this field without her class, experience or detailed and relevant curriculum.
Matt - Corporate Flight Attendant
Long Beach, CA - October, 2010
* It is a great honor and accomplishment to have recently attended the Susan C. Friedenberg Corporate Flight Attendant Training course in Atlanta, Georgia. After 20 years in the commercial aviation sector I have chosen to transition my career over into being a professional corporate flight attendant. I could not have had a more tailor made training course for myself.
Susan’s detailed training course was designed to thoroughly and intensely train any individual regardless of experience or background. Her class was conducted in a relaxing and personal atmosphere complete with hands on work shops and lots of material to help familiarize us with the content of her training course. Her demeanor and personality made the class fun as well as interesting. She was able to recognize and address each of our concerns and needs on an individual basis. After completing the 4 day course and receiving my completion certificate I feel more confident and motivated to find the perfect corporate flight attendant job. I highly recommend this training course to any individual considering a career as a professional corporate business aviation flight attendant.
Caulette B. Gilfoil
Washington D.C. September 2010
* A very good friend of mine told me a few years ago about Susan's corporate flight attendant training and how great she is, and ever since then I wanted to take her training class. Susan Friedenberg's knowledge, expertise, professionalism and hard work make this training very unique with the training market of business aviation. It's very profound and efficient, and I believe anyone who wants to succeed in career as a corporate flight attendant should take her training.
I have been a contract flight attendant for a couple of years. I really wish I had taken Susan’s training before I started this career. You will feel much more confident, comfortable and prepared for anything that can happen in this exiting industry.
It was my true pleasure to be her student in June in Atlanta at FlightSafety. Susan is very passionate about business aviation. She treats every client like they are the most important she’s ever had, and she is always willing to help her students even after the training. Ms. Friedenberg is both very professional and personable and I loved every minute of her training.
I would highly recommend taking the Interview For Success Training as well, because it will help you to land the job. This is a great opportunity to learn how to present yourself successfully during a job interview, because you don't get a second chance to make that first impression. This 4 hour training helps you to polish your interview skills and learn many new ones and teaches you some of the hard questions that a flight manager might pose to you in the interview. You never know what you could be asked..... and Susan gets to the core of what those questions might be for this industry and type of flying. Believe me, Interview For Success Training is well worth the investment. It is perfect to attend after the first 4 days of her initial training.
Thank you Susan, for everything you taught me.
Elena Campbell – Corporate Flight Attendant
Savannah, Georgia - August, 2010
* Taking Susan Friedenberg's training class, after finishing my FlightSafety emergency training in Atlanta, has put me one step closer to fulfilling a childhood dream. Her energized, hands-on training class was full of valuable information gathered from her personal experiences as a corporate flight attendant. Her enthusiasm and strong passion for this industry was overwhelming. She created energy in the class that made the long days of absorbing important material enjoyable and rewarding. I looked into many programs offering Corporate Flight Attendant Training, and being a novice in this field, her class has given me the confidence and knowledge to succeed in this new career of mine. Thank you, Susan, your material was presented creatively and “five-star".
Prof. Sandra S. Newman - July 2010 Maine - New Mexico
* After spending 30 years in the medical field, I was presented with an opportunity to enter the world of the corporate flight attendant as a contract worker. I basically "learned on the job", so when I was presented with the chance to attend this class through an NBAA scholarship, I was extremely excited! My expectations were exceeded in every phase of the training and I only wish I had been offered the opportunity to take this class much earlier in my career.
To begin with, the manual that Susan presented to us is comprehensive, thorough, and detailed. Just by following the points in this manual, your learning curve increases exponentially. A highlight for me was the International Section, which was invaluable in explaining situations involving everything from catering in remote areas to personal safety.
The training classes themselves were wonderfully engaging and entertaining which allowed us to learn in a comfortable climate. It is so obvious that Susan is committed to our industry and I was very impressed with her willingness to share her details and even her "tricks" for success! The trip to the caterer provided insightful and useful information, and the catering order that she placed was so useful in that she showed how the same food could be used for a lunch or a dinner, depending on how the food was cooked and plated. This showed how the attitude of flexibility is so necessary for the modern day corporate flight attendant.
In the end, I want to thank Susan for sharing her wealth of knowledge. Shortly after taking this class, I was offered full time employment which I accepted; in this position, I put Susan's best business and personal practices to use every time I fly.
I find it difficult to express my gratitude for the opportunity to take this class, and I highly recommend it to anyone considering employment in this industry.
Patti Thompson - Atlanta
Corporate Flight Attendant November 2009
* I have been a flight attendant for 24 years in both commercial aviation and Fractional corporate aviation. I left aviation for a very short period of time and then realized how much I missed it. This Spring, I decided to return to business aviation. In order to succeed in this very competitive business aviation market place and wanting to be the best of the best, I attended Susan C. Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training in Teterboro, NJ in March, 2010.
The moment that I stepped into the class room, I knew that I had made an excellent choice.
Susan is very engaging in her teaching methods and treats you like you are a passenger on her own private jet. Every possible question is answered and every situation will prepare you to excel as a corporate flight attendant.
Susan's training manual is the center piece of her training program. It will give all of the information to prepare you for your first trip. Her tools / tricks of the trade from her own years of experience and the demonstrations are spot on. The food safety awareness around business aviation catering section is so vital for the corporate flight attendant to ensure that everyone arrives healthy and to be at their best. I wish that I had that information 24 years ago.
After attending the C.F.A.T. I decided to take her Interview for Success Training for Business Aviation. I knew that I now had the best training after attending Susan's class for a position as a corporate flight attendant. I did not want to lose any future job opportunities by a weak cover letter, resume and non educated interview techniques. I have friends who work in Human Resources for Fortune 100 companies and everyone said that the art of the interview process is crucial. I have always hated interviewing and believed that my interview skills weren't the best. This was my chance to get feedback from an expert in her field and improve my interview skills so that I could land the perfect job. I also attended that training and it was great!
I encourage anyone who wants to enter the business aviation industry to contact Susan C. Friedenberg for all of your training needs.
Geoffrey Head - Corporate Flight Attendant
* I took Susan's class at FlightSafety in November of 2009 and I'm so thankful for it. When you take her class especially when you're just starting in corporate aviation (even if you've flown in the past as a commercial flight attendant) this training class really prepares you so you feel ready, confident and competent to go seek a business aviation flying job. She gives you information that is 100% needed in order to be successful. After taking my training course with Susan I felt fully prepared to start working. She goes into minute detail and leaves nothing out. Her training manual is amazing! I could only hope that everyone that wishes to be a corporate flight attendant would take her four day training class to raise the standards and the bar in this industry. She gives you the best advice when you're getting into this industry and even if you've been working in it for years her classes are so in depth that I re read her material constantly. I know if I have a question I'll find the answers in her material. She covers everything from A-Z and I believe it is a must for every person to take this training class. Just taking evacuation training is not enough. She teaches you THE JOB and how to do it!
Corporate Flight Attendant - NYC, New York
* In December 2006 I spent 1.5 hours on line filling out a commercial flight attendant application only to find at the end that the pay was $22,000 a year. I went to bed that night frustrated because after 22 years of marriage the only skills I had was in real estate and as a housewife.
My marriage had ended and I had to find a way to support myself. The following morning I stumbled across Susan's web site and read every word. I called and Susan was kind, honest and very professional. We talked at length about our past commercial flight attendant experiences some 15 years before. She quizzed me about my personality and told me I would need to become a business woman and learn how to market myself as such. I immediately knew I could trust her and so after speaking with her at length for a week I took the plunge and scheduled myself at FlightSafety and Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training.
Her training was interesting, thorough, intense and fun all at the same time. I made friends with classmates that I still hold dear today. Susan pours out the knowledge, experience and skills in a few days that would normally take a flight attendant years to learn on their own through trial and error. I have learned that in corporate aviation there is NO room for errors. You will be "banished" as she says throughout her training....
Susan sincerely cared about me and mentored me through three years of contract work which included one year with Gulfstream Aerospace as a demo flight attendant. I now have a full time job on a Gulfstream G550 based in Chicago and I can honestly say it all started and came to be through Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training course. Thank you Susan for every call you answered, every encouraging word you spoke and for your friendship. With your guidance I've successfully worked trips to India, China, New Zealand, Europe and Australia. Every time I have a challenge I always ask myself what would Susan do? or what did Susan say about this? I still proudly boast your company name on my personal business cards. I will never forget you. Thank you!
Gulfstream G550 Flight Attendant.
* In this fast paced, ever changing world and state of affairs of the economy, deciding to make a change to Corporate Aviation was one of the biggest leaps of my life. I spoke with someone who did the same a year earlier and she told me about Susan and how her course was the main reason she was now employed full time by an owner only after a few flights! I took Susan's class and soaked up everything she said, taught and wrote in her training manual. That manual goes with me on every trip! There is a definite advantage not only in attending her training, the wealth of knowledge she holds, but in the recognition of her name and reputation when interviewing for a position.
On my first flight I felt as though I had actually already done it before, that I had worked my first trip because everything that happened was just like we had learned and discussed in her class. No one had a clue on my first flight that it was my actual first flight! Many times I kept thinking ... this is exactly what Susan said it would be like ... and then my mantra ... "What would Susan do?" The investment was well worth it, and this career path itself is worth its weight in gold. You will feel you made the best decision in your life when you are taking off on that sleek corporate jet!
Southern California - November 2009
* After having been a commercial flight attendant for over 19 years, I pursued another career, but I soon realized that a continuing career in aviation is what I want. I was always fascinated with business aviation and began to research how to become a Corporate Flight Attendant and in my research I found Susan Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training program. After chatting with her, I decided to sign up for her course, "Corporate Flight Attendant Training."
Coming from a commercial background, I was somewhat apprehensive, but Susan allayed my fears. Soon after she came into the room, her classy style, wit, and charm became evident. I knew then that I had made the right decision. There was never a dull moment in her class.
Susan's training has given me the tools I need to help me achieve my goal of being a corporate flight attendant. I feel that one absolutely should not go from commercial to corporate flight attendant without taking this training program offered by Susan Friedenberg. You get a large amount of information in a short amount of time, but she covers everything you need to know and some things you hope not to encounter (Being Banished). The manual which you receive is a wonderful reference to which I can always refer. After the course, I felt empowered and confident that I had just attended the best training, and am now capable of executing almost any task and can market myself. I am also impressed by the continuing support and encouragement which Susan gives you. She is never too busy to answer e-mails or talk with you on the phone.
Recently, I took Susan's course, "Interview for Success Training." The course has given me the tools, knowledge, and skills to enhance my abilities to market myself in this stressed economy. After these courses, I can truly say that I concur with the opinion of those who say that Susan Friedenberg and her courses are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST.
Baltimore, MD - September 2009
* My passion for aviation has been long standing. I worked commercially and loved my lifestyle, however, I wanted a different career in aviation! After flying for only a few years I took the plunge into business aviation. I saved up all my nickels and dimes and wanted the best training that would give me the best tools for success. I felt as though I had done all the research that could possibly be done ......... until I took Susan's necessary training class (FlightSafety is also a must). I can say with utmost certainty that the knowledge that Susan bestows upon you is imperative to being a success in this industry. Susan has exceptional experience, passion, and wisdom to share with you that will highlight your already shining attributes and skills. She gives you undeniable resources, a wealth of knowledge, secrets of the trade, and the confidence to get out there and get a position and have a successful career in business aviation. You will walk away from Susan's training empowered with a provision of knowledge and a fortune of opportunities.
Her mentorship does not end when training is over. Susan has extreme loyalty, dedication and respect for those that she trains. She continues to be support for me via E-mail or phone and a chuckle when you need it most. In a competitive industry that is ever-changing, I believe I have been trained by the best, and in this industry "THE BEST" is a pre-requisite!!!! So get trained and get your fly on!!!!!!!
Chicago, IL - June 2009
* Through Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training, I learned the most professional and essential skills to begin my career as a business aviation flight attendant. She trains you to feel competent in all of the onboard safety aspects of being a flight attendant, and furthermore trains to you serve your customers with the highest class of service through amazing catering techniques, customer relations and impeccable food service. Not only did she teach me useful skills in the field of corporate aviation, but she also gave me the confidence to use these tools to excel and fast forward my career. Without Susan's stories and lifes lessons, I would not feel as comfortable onboard as I do today. And I am flying! Thank you, Susan!
Kelly Colgan - Corporate Flight Attendant
La Crosse, WI
* April, 2009
RE: Corporate Flight Attendant Training with Susan Friedenberg
My decision to pursue a career as a Corporate Flight Attendant was not made lightly; the decision was made after careful consideration of the commitment and effort that would be required. We all have a story; the life changes and the training were no small sacrifices for me. But at the same time, it was clear that I could not launch this career without considerable help, and so I enrolled in Susan's training class.
Her program not only teaches and strengthens the skills that are needed as a corporate flight attendant, but also teaches you to apply these same skills to the process of finding a job in the field. The same flexibility, persistence, confidence and grace that are required on the job are equally required in navigating one's career. This approach helped me realize that there was no single perfect path to launch my career, and that barriers, uncertainty and lingering doubts were distractions that needed to be managed and overcome.
Susan's extensive preparation and hands on training, coupled with her considerable experience and wisdom, allowed me to move forward confidently into a very competitive industry where I had very little real experience. My steps were carefully and professionally guided all along the way, which allowed me to keep moving forward despite obstacles. When my break finally hit, I was ready for it: I had the skill set, the attitude, and the knowledge I needed to book the job because of my experience in Susan's class.
A Corporate Flight Attendant is like a professional event coordinator, people person, safety professional, chef, sommelier, waiter, and a source of comfort all rolled into one. As I meet and talk about career preparation with other flight attendants, it is evident that Susan's training, especially her "day in the life" approach, together with her generosity of detail and personal experience, is the best preparation out there when it comes to truly understanding the demands and joys of this career, and how to get into this field. I have zero doubt that Susan's training was a critical component in setting me up to succeed, in the shortest time possible for me to do so.
Oh, by the way, I booked the job and I love my career.
Carla Negri, California
Corporate Flight Attendant
* I wanted to take a moment to send you an E-mail to thank you for being an integral part of an amazing venture in my life. I will never forget it, New Year's Eve 2007, as I spoke to you for at least one hour on the phone to discuss my decision to become a Corporate Flight Attendant. You told me that if I had the drive, the determination, and the ability to market myself then you would give me all the tools needed to pursue a career that not only would be amazing and self-fulfilling, but incredibly exciting! You did just that. So.... Thank you!!!
Since your class, which is almost a year ago to the date, I have flown on over eight different corporate aircraft traveling from the West to East coast of the United States, to several countries in Europe, South America, and to the Middle East. Your class gave me the advantage to have inside knowledge of the "do's and don'ts" of the business. Even though I was raised in the restaurant business and had commercial airline experience, nothing could have prepared me for what I encounter in private aviation on a daily basis... except your class!
Your class was taught with humor and all the "hands on" experience gave me the insight to not ever get "banished"! Thanks to you I stay very busy as a Contract Flight Attendant and I count my blessings everyday that I am afforded such incredible opportunities in the private aviation business.
I would wholeheartedly recommend and advise anyone to take your class who is interested in pursuing a career as a Corporate Flight Attendant.
Please let me know of the next class date that you will be conducting in Southern California, as I would love to come and visit!
Keep In Touch! Thanks Again!!
Michelle Vangelos - Southern California
March 1, 2009
* As I read through the testimonials on Susan's website written by previous students of her training program, I became hooked and called her that day. She was so pleasant and encouraging to talk to. I attended her August 2008 'Career Track Program' in conjunction with the amazing trainers at FlightSafety International. I did not have any previous business or commercial aviation 'work' experience but had attended a small aviation college in New Hampshire and I am also a private pilot.
Susan's course answered EVERY question I had about business aviation and today's corporate aviation flight attendants duties. The small class size allows her to offer every student more than enough attention and devotion. The first time I spoke to her, I could tell she shared a strong passion for aviation just like me. The daily Rudy's catering order we received out of their Teterboro location was an amazing opportunity for me to experience just what it would be like to have boxes of packaged food arrive all at once and have to break down the catering, store, plate and present, not much different from an actual trip.
Susan's manual has become a bible for me today. Any question I have, whether it is running my own business as a contract flight attendant or dealing with no caterers in a foreign country, the manual will help answer or guide you to finding the right answer. The four day course offered a lot of information and was also fun to attend. There was not a day that went by that I did not learn and laugh at the same time. Her personal experiences were the best part for me. She shared the good and the bad because she wants each and every one of her students to be the best that they can be.
I still today, almost six months later, stay in contact with Susan regularly. She has been a huge help for me and has always offered encouraging and positive remarks. When I mention to flight department managers, chief flight attendants or any flight operation employee that I have attended and completed her program, they always recognize her name and have heard of the amazing students that have resulted from her training. Not only do I consider Susan to be an amazing instructor who genuinely cares about her students and our industry as a whole, but also a friend. For anyone looking to become a corporate flight attendant, Susan's training program is a must if you wish to be regarded as one of the best in our industry.
Alexander Vidoli - Boston, MA
* Having taken Susan's Corporate Specific Flight Attendant Training Course was one of the best things that I have ever done. Learning how to plan for catering in any situation, and how to properly store food for safety, as well as convenient access, was a life saver when I flew four passengers to Greece and the Greek Islands. It was an 11 day trip on a Cessna Citation X which had NO REFRIGERATION at all, basically no galley space AT ALL and a microwave oven the size of a picture frame!!! Challenging???? I'll say!!! Without the knowledge and skills from Susan's class, the trip could have been a disaster.
Myra - Breckenridge, Colorado
* I took Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant training class in February 2007. I was making a transition from selling my own business and then relocating. It took me several months before I actually pursued looking for a "place" in the business aviation industry. After 6 short weeks (although it seemed like eternity), I landed my first flying job. I took my emergency training with FACTS but felt I needed "more training" in the actual day to day responsibilities of a corporate flight attendant. I was starving to know "EVERYTHING" this wonderful and exciting career change was to bring me. Although I had experience as a commercial F/A with American Airlines in my younger day, I knew this was going to be so different from commercial flying and I was to be the "only" flight attendant on board. I did not want to make any mistakes and did not want my passengers to know that I was "new" to corporate.
I did some research and received some information through the NBAA (National Business Aviation Association) and Susan's company was included at the top of the list. She was teaching something different from the mandatory corporate specific emergency training. This was what I was looking for!!! I pulled up her web site, read EVERYTHING and then called her. I had questions for her about myself and she basically "interviewed" me over the phone. She was not a high-pitched sales lady trying to steal your money. You had to qualify to attend her class. She would not waste her time accepting the "wrong material" for this industry and have you waste your money as well. She convinced me that I needed her training to be knowledgeable, efficient, organized and marketable AND she was right.
Susan's classes are small so it is like getting private tutoring. There is teaching material, watching films, hands-on training with a real aviation caterer. All of this education was extremely valuable and made you in tune to real life situations on the aircraft. She has her 300 page "Bible" that she has spent countless nights writing and revising (and probably still is). This book is worth its weight in gold. It gives you step by step instructions and information on everything you need to know pertaining to this business. It's comforting to know that you will always have something in which to refer. She makes sure you understand what she is teaching and gives you different scenarios to solve.
This is an intense 4-day class and was worth every minute. When I finally had the opportunity to board a private jet, everything she had taught became clearer. I had been out of the aviation business for many years and this class really gave me a jumpstart. She teaches the ins and outs of the industry and from her many experiences and does not sugar-coat this wonderful and satisfying career but also the blood, sweat and tears that go along with it. It is hard work and even harder breaking into the industry. If you love flying and want to be a part of the corporate world, every ounce of knowledge you obtain and the persistence to make your dream come true is crucial. Susan will not only give you all the information you need but she is there to continue giving you support and guidance when you need it. She is a wonderful teacher, great mentor, loving friend and her greatest reward is her students' successes.
Sandy Lyon - Dallas, TX
Corporate Flight Attendant
* Susan Friedenberg's "Corporate Flight Attendant Training" was a wonderful and exhilarating experience. The course she delivered gave me the information to help achieve excellence at every step of the way in this career change. After coming from a commercial aviation background I acquired the confidence and support to flow expeditiously into the corporate aviation world.
After completing Susan Friedenberg's course, I continued to receive excellent tips on how to market myself and the self assurance which helped me land my first Corporate Flight Attendant job.
I thank Susan whole heartedly, she is the best! I would highly recommend her training course to my flight attendant colleagues who wish to make that transition from commercial to corporate aviation. Susan's course will give you the confidence, grace and industry knowledge for a smooth operational flight.
Leslie Allen - Silver Spring, MD
* Dear Susan,
Please accept this testimonial as the highest reference I can give. I want to thank you for all you have done and continue to do for me and I'm hopeful that you understand that this letter could in no way say it all.
After a rewarding and successful hospitality career working for three cruise lines, a luxury rail product, restaurants & resorts in Aspen, Vail, Keystone, Jackson Hole, plus a hotel in Sydney, Australia, I wanted an even greater challenge. My desire was to combine my love of aviation and travel, with my international hospitality background. I wondered if there were companies who hired and trained people with my skill set to become private or corporate flight attendants.
I knew I had impeccable credentials, a powerful work ethic, and a confident desire to break into a new industry but I had no "live" experience on a business jet. So, I started researching on line. One night back in September 2008, I was on line for hours reading articles. The deeper I dug, the more fired up I became as I discovered there was actually a small but elite career field for Corporate Flight Attendants. I was onto something. I discovered you by reading an article that you had written on the need for a trained third crew member to act as a safety device in the cabin of business jets. Your business phone number was printed in tiny text at the bottom of that article. I called, and you answered.
Over the next week we discussed my fantastic hospitality background and career aspirations. You made it clear that if I was willing to step up and go for it you would lead me down the right path, give me the best training in the industry and support me once I graduated from both your class and from FlightSafety International's Part 91 egress training. You also made a point that I should think very clearly about the challenges and financial commitments that lay ahead and to only make the decision after carefully reviewing all my options. You told me that even after taking your class as well as the FlightSafety training class there was no guarantee I would get hired by anyone unless I was willing to work at it every single day.
That was the challenge that I needed and to this day I am inspired because I am making it happen virtually on my own and when I do get that first flight the reward will simply be greater than any other because I took a huge risk and it paid off. Your intense 4 day class was riveting, rewarding and filled with so much resourceful detail. I'm supremely confident that when I do get that first call for a trip I'll know exactly what to do.
You're an awesome lady. You continue to answer the phone every single time I have called or e-mailed you. You continue to lead, assist and inspire me. You have connected me to so many resources that there is in no way in my opinion that any person who desires to be a Corporate Flight Attendant can do so with out your mentoring, leadership and most importantly your training class. I'm proud to be "Susan Trained" Hey, look up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, no wait - that's Leo T. Flynn and he's executing flawless in-flight catering, traveling the world and having a ball.
Leo T. Flynn Corporate Flight Attendant
* When I first read the testimonials of other corporate flight attendants on Susan's Web site who had attended her training class, I wondered if the same success could happen for me. I had been an ATA Airlines Flight Attendant for going on fifteen years when suddenly ATA folded. I was in Honolulu, Hawaii when it happened and I was not ready to give up flying or the life style, so I knew I had to hit the ground running. ATA folded but I did not. Life is about taking chances so I followed my gut and called Susan, and it is a call I will never regret. Not only is the Corporate Flight Attendant Training by Susan C. Friedenberg worth it, the one on one coaching after her training is worth it's weight in gold.
Now, a CEO of a Fortune 500 Corporation is considering employing me to fly for him and his family. I am currently flying contract for more then one corporate aviation flight department in Chicago. Flying contract / freelance is a business and you have to know how to adapt to it and work it as a business women. I learned that in Susan's training class. I feel that Susan's class empowers you to realize yourself as a business person in corporate aviation. Susan is a teacher, mentor and friend.
This class is not just for those who want to get into corporate aviation, but for anyone who is serious about being a corporate aviation flight attendant and running their new career as a successful business person.
G.LaCoste - Chicago, IL
* Susan's training was informative, fun, and provided me with resources to aid in my success. The classes also provided an insider perspective of the politics within the industry as well as thoroughly explaining each aspect of the job description in an easy to understand format. Susan has made it possible to reap the wisdom of decades in the industry in just a matter of days! The training is worth every penny and you may even make a few friends (free of charge). Susan does not accept everyone who is interested in her program, just those she believes the industry will serve well. So if you are accepted into Susan's training, just add to that a little perseverance with some footwork and you've got a recipe for success in an exciting field of work. I would recommend Corporate Flight Attendant Training to anyone who is seriously considering a new career in Corporate / Business Aviation. Good Luck and Enjoy!
Kerri Russi - Northern California
Class of June 08 - Atlanta, Georgia
I wish to thank you so very much for formulating an exceptional training program. After speaking with you over the phone and inquiring about your course, I knew that I was making the best decision in selecting your program.
Through out the course of the week I was delighted by how you personify such pride and love for the business aviation industry. The structure and delivery of your class was exceptional and conducive to understand the magnitude of my responsibilities and new career as a corporate flight attendant.
You sincerely show your dedication and love for the industry by the implementation of your tremendous training course. Your commitment to safety awareness as well as the image of what a professional corporate flight attendant should be viewed as, is held in regard to all in the business aviation industry.
By the end of the training, I truly felt as though I was equipped with all of the knowledge and information needed to pursue my goal. Every minute detail pertaining to the vast responsibilities of this type of flying and how to conduct myself in a superior manner was articulated to me.
As I continue to pursue a position, I am not surprised by the positive feedback I receive from prospective employers within this industry on your exemplary reputation when they learn that I have taken your course. I am very appreciative of your time after the training and your continued support of me as I seek a position as a corporate flight attendant.
It is my hope that I can be regarded with the same class, sophistication, professionalism and dedication that you have acquired through your experience in the aviation industry.
Rose Ann Diguglielmo - New Jersey / Connecticut
* There should still be an art to being a flight attendant. In-flight service should still be elegant and stylish, and air travel should still have a feel of glamour and adventure to it. At least that's what I believe.
As a commercial airline employee and former flight attendant, I am completely disillusioned as to what flying has become today. Enter Susan C. Friedenberg, who completely opened up a new world of possibilities for me with her Corporate Flight Attendant Training. I knew nothing about business aviation prior to attending her class, and the second I sat down in the classroom, I knew that this was the kind of flying I was meant to do. When people say that they can't imagine working on a corporate aircraft without her training, it's true! Susan will not sugarcoat anything for you. She gives you the true reality of the diligence this job demands, and what clients will expect of you as a corporate flight attendant. But she also gives you the confidence to go for it. I left class with a new sense of who I could be: A savvy professional, who knows exactly how to secure a corporate flying position on a business aviation aircraft, work an international trip with aplomb, order fantastic catering, and establish myself in the business aviation community. And that's exactly who I am today.
I recommend this training to my fellow commercial flight attendants who want to take their career to "new heights," and also for anyone who isn't afraid of working hard for something fabulous.
Hannah Brown - Pensacola, Florida
* "Susan Friedenberg' s Corporate Flight Attendant Training course is a must. It should be required!
It's chock full of insiders information forged from her many years inside the industry.
There is no place you can get this kind of comprehensive information which is absolutely necessary to break into this field.
I'm certain this information as well as her passion and commitment to her students is the reason I got the first job I interviewed for."
Kendall Pettygrove - NYC, New York
* I knew I wanted a career as a Corporate Flight Attendant, yet I had no prior aviation experience before going into Susan's training course...
In four days, Susan was able to give me all the information I needed to know in order to start and maintain a career in the Business Aviation industry. The resources were just as plentiful, including extensive coaching on menu planning and ordering from Business Aviation specific caterers, what to do when those are not at hand (overseas) and how to conduct myself in this industry. We covered business tools, trip preparation, in-flight conduct, etiquette and service.
During Susan's training and ultimately with her practical help and encouragement after the training, I got my first interview with a major charter operator that ultimately gave me my first flight. They appreciated the effort, time and investment I made in this new career and felt comfortable placing me on their aircraft with their customers on my first flight knowing that I had completed Susan's training.
I knew exactly what to ask and which aspects of my non-aviation experience to highlight during my initial interviews. When I got my first trip sheet I knew how to read it, plan a menu accordingly and how to conduct myself with the rest of the crew. I felt extremely confident and started growing my personal experience.
Susan has been and remains a true, warm support system to me in the industry. She has given me numerous personal pointers, contacts and recommendations and helped launch my new career.
Thank you, Susan for my new flourishing career!
Sansan Fibich - Corporate Flight Attendant
New York City, NY
* How can I sum up Susan, her program and what she has done for many in this industry! When I decided to change careers and enter the Corporate Aviation Industry my search connected me with Susan Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training Program. I called Susan and we began to discuss the reality of me entering this forum with no background, and older than most. She was honest, blunt and very empowering and did ask me many questions before accepting me into her program. She does not accept everyone. She wants to make sure that you have what it takes to do this type of flying and is careful about her students. I completed "Corporate Specific Aviation Safety Training" first then her course and restructured my career path. Her training was crucial for me especially after trying to incorporate myself "into" the industry. Susan plays every scenario in her training with Corporate Aviation / Business Aviation. I have spoken with many seasoned corporate flight attendants in the past 8 months who really didn't want to empower a newcomer with their knowledge.
Susan's experience is superior to her peers and she wants to pass that along to her students. It is a tough industry to break into. Susan gives you the inside look at what really goes on and how to get connected in this industry. The whole first day of this training is what she calls "business application" and it is powerful. She brings class and the true meaning of service to what a corporate flight attendant is all about.
I am proud to say I took my first flight on a Global Express/91 recently and have no doubt many more will follow. Susan has become not just a mentor but a friend. All this to say Susan Friedenberg, her training program and her "Friedenberg Trainies" are beginning to transform the industry, and we are making a difference!!!!!
Orange County , CA
May 23, 2008
* Susan's course came highly recommended from so many people in the business aviation industry that I decided to take her training following my initial safety training at FlightSafety. It was just about the most intensive schooling I've ever had. Susan's enthusiasm, knowledgeableness, and thoroughness gives you a leg up in this industry to be sure. For your added convenience you get a whopping manual so you won't forget a thing! This is important, don't feel overconfident and leave home without it, or at least without reading it the night before a trip and most certainly your first trip!
In case reading through it isn't enough to calm you, Susan also maintains contact and coaches her students regardless of when she trained them. You'll be rolling with the stories of mishaps and follies you hear through this training; mistakes of others that you can avoid because you will already know about them! (Ahem, "the manual" says Susan in a charming little reminder) This is an amazing career, but certainly a particular one, so avoiding silly errors counts. All I can say is don't eat the day before your training, get plenty of sleep the night before, and get ready to stuff yourself both with delectable gourmet fare and know-how. Thanks Susan and good luck newbie flight attendants!
Elizabeth Ferris - Contract Flight Attendant- Connecticut
* I was a commercial flight attendant for 4 years, I loved my job, traveling to different destinations and meeting new people. After September 11, 2001 everything changed and I was forced to go back into the corporate world doing the 9 - 5 daily routine. Within 5 years I moved 5 times, and after the last move I decided that I was going to get back into flying, but knew commercial aviation was not an option. I researched corporate aviation and found that without specialized training you basically could not enter this world without the training.
I contacted Susan Friedenberg; we spoke about what I currently did, why I wanted to make a career change and what it takes to become a corporate flight attendant. I decided to take the plunge, invest in myself, and regain control of my life and to attend Susan's training.
The class was intense, exciting and informative. There was so much information to absorb I left each night and collapsed in my room - just trying to process it all. It was totally different than commercial aviation. In commercial there were other flight attendants to ask and assist, there was a process to follow and policies and procedures. In corporate aviation you are solely responsible for every aspect. I remember one day we were in the Falcon 2000 cabin trainer at FlightSafety where Susan teaches her training and Susan was role playing the client / passenger. The scenario was she had a large bag with valuables in it and we were getting ready to take off and I was the flight attendant. Well, needless to say I didn't last five seconds in corporate aviation, because I was still thinking commercial. That is probably one of the most valuable lessons I learned. I needed to retrain myself to think in an entirely new way.
I know that without going to Susan's training I would have never been able to break into this industry. Thank you and I wish you many years of continued success.
King of Prussia, PA
* I just want everyone to know what an AWESOME experience and training the Corporate Flight Attendant Training class was and instructor Susan Friedenberg is!! She delivered everything she promised and more. Once you get to class be ready for take off and "hold on to your hats" because you will be blown away by the intensity and wealth of detailed knowledge, information and experience she provides! She supplies a "Susan Manual" with all the details you will ever need. I CAN'T IMAGINE BEING A CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WITHOUT THIS TRAINING!!!!!! Her goal is to make her students the best in the industry and it is absolutely evident by her all consuming passion. We had a great time... we laughed a lot!!! We also ate a lot!!!! I truly don't know how she does it but she continues to keep in touch and motivates me / us long after the class is over. She has given me confidence and friendship. She is a classy lady.
Thanks for EVERYTHING, Susan !! Warmest wishes for your continued success.
Jim Thorpe, PA
* I've been in Real Estate for eight years, and as you may all know the market is really slow right now. I needed to do something different, I needed a career change. In the back of my mind I always dreamed about being a flight attendant, so I decided to do some research and came across Susan's Web site. I decided to call her and soon realized how passionate she is about this industry. I knew right away this is what I wanted to do and I knew I was going the right way and with the best. I attended Career Track, Susan's training and FlightSafety's training. I also took her Interview For Success Training, which was fantastic and by the end of both training's I had all the confidence and the skills to excel in this industry. After 6 weeks of taking her trainings, I landed my first interview and two days later they called me for my first trip! Surprisingly I was not nervous at all because I knew exactly what to do from the time I received the trip sheet, to the catering to the cabin procedures. Everything I learned through her training came into place immediately, and it was like I had been doing this forever. I now know that her training was the best investment I have ever made and I know you will feel the same way after taking her training. Thank you Susan for your support, you're truly the best. Keep up the good work.
I would love to thank you for the tremendous knowledge and insight I received taking your Corporate Flight Attendant Training and Interview For Success Training. I was hired for a full time position after my second interview! My first trip with this account (who is now my employer) was with the CEO of a company and on his Challenger 601. I felt confident with all of my training and carried out my duties with comfort and success, creatively incorporating all of the valuable information you shared throughout the training. This was a new career choice for me, and you made me feel like I had been doing it for years! I have already been commended by my superiors for my superb service. I will be forever grateful for your loyalty to this industry and me as your student and now friend.
Wendy S Frazier
Atlanta, GA - September 2007
* Thank You From Canada!
Taking Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training in Atlanta Georgia (February 2007) gave me the knowledge and confidence to venture out on my own as a 'contract' Corporate Flight Attendant and begin working for myself.
Although previously employed as a full time Corporate Flight Attendant for over 5 years in southern Ontario, I was amazed at how much more I should have known about my own job after taking Susan's in-depth three day course!
Landing contract work in Canada is much tougher than it is in the U.S., but having Susan's training on my resume gives me a distinct advantage when negotiating my next charter flight. I only wish I had discovered Susan years ago!
She is a fantastic instructor, passionate about her work and dedicated to change the mind set of law makers when it comes to cabin safety.
Thank you Susan for all your help and continued support! As you already know, you have become not just a mentor but a very good friend of mine.
I wish you all the best!
* For anyone contemplating a career as a Corporate Flight Attendant, I would strongly suggest Susan Friedenberg's training. Susan has invested every bit of her energy, knowledge and experience into her training program, and her goal is to make everyone of her students "the best in the industry". The training was excellent.
Her 3 day course was incredibly thorough, detailed and concentrated. Every aspect of the business was covered in detail, giving me the confidence to feel fully prepared to take a trip at the end of the course.
There is so much to know…. and we know it, because we are "Susan trained" !
Thank you Susan for the interest and extended support you take in everyone of us and for continuing to be with us long after the course is over.
With sincere appreciation,
Cosette R. - Northern California
* I would just like to thank Susan for being such an excellent Corporate Flight Attendant Instructor and a wonderful woman. Her 3 day training class was very informative, fun and really helped me on my first trip that I was fortunate enough to receive only one week after attending her training program at FlightSafety in Teterboro. Susan's enthusiasm and knowledge of business aviation and the corporate flight attendant world is infectious. I am very grateful for her teaching, coaching of me and her follow up to my E-mails after the completion of the class.
Thank you again Susan and I wish you continued success.
Glenn Bonfili - San Diego, CA
* Deciding to make the transition from being a commercial flight attendant to a corporate flight attendant is actually a major transition. It isn't as easy as you think. I didn't know the first step regarding how to get there! I searched all over the Internet, and found Susan's Web site. I read every word of it. I made the leap, and just completed Susan's corporate flight attendant training in Boston in April.
After completing this intensive, informative, and overwhelming training, I cannot believe that there are corporate flight attendants doing this career without having taken Susan's three day training course. I now realize that I would have walked into an unknown environment making many mistakes by not knowing everything I now know. It is unbelievable to me the amount of confidence, knowledge, and hands-on catering experience I learned in three days as well as marketing myself for this industry. I can tell you that taking this course is the key component to success in the corporate business aviation world. Having Susan's training on my resume has given me a boost to interview with some of the best corporate aviation departments in my area.
* I have been a commercial flight attendant for the past twenty years, and boy has the industry changed! To make a long story short, I got sick and tired of all the drama, aggravation, delay's, mechanicals, and the Grey Hound Bus crowd I was hauling all over the planet. I thought to myself there has got to be a better way?
I always wondered how the flight attendants on those beautiful corporate jets got that kind of flying job. I did some research and found Susan Friedenberg's Web site. It forever changed my life. I now have hope for the job I have always loved and really wanted. I can still travel, meet great people, have flexibility with my schedule and make great money.
I now fly for several different corporate flight departments as a contract flight attendant, and I have learned so much. Susan's training gave me the tools I needed to become a great corporate flight attendant. Her training gave me the confidence I needed to go out there and get the job! It only took me a few weeks after her training in Atlanta.
After Susan's training I attended ALTEON'S emergency training in Long Beach and the two training's combined was the educational process that I needed (and so do you) to have your resume looked at and taken seriously.
Susan has become a mentor and a friend, and helps to guide you well after your training is finished. I don't believe you can just go out there and wing it ...so to speak ! Fly Safe... Best of Luck to all of you that are serious and have a passion for flying.
YOU NEED SUSAN'S TRAINING TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE !!!
Tony Panza - Fort Lauderdale, FL
* I dreamt of becoming a Flight Attendant ever since my first commercial flight when I was fifteen years old. I was in awe of the massive plane and how gracious and posed the flight attendants represented themselves. Unfortunately, due to lack of self-esteem and personal confidence at a young age, I did not pursue my dream until last summer. Twenty years later I found myself driving to my local airport and marched in to seek information on how I could accomplish my dream. I met with one of the owners of a business aviation flight department and he gave me the name and telephone number of their flight attendant.
I was so surprised to learn that her name was Joanne Robertson Bobb who I trained and worked with three years earlier at a four diamond resort in our area. I contacted Joanne and we talked for over an hour about the necessary steps to become a successful corporate flight attendant. She stated that it was solely due to Susan Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training back in 2002. Joanne told me to contact Susan directly. Nervously, I did call her knowing that she was most likely a busy business woman with minimal extra time. I left a message and to my surprise she personally returned my phone call promptly. After our lengthy conversation I knew that I had the skills and confidence to make my dream a reality. She would provide the tools.
Two months later I successfully completed Susan's course as well as the initial emergency egress training with FlightSafety International in Teterboro, New Jersey. Susan's three day course was incredibly concentrated. She taught us everything from how to market ourselves professionally in the world of aviation, as well as using savvy and needed business practices as a contract flight attendant, catering, the expectations of an actual trip and how to "work" a trip from start to completion, aviation terminology, an abundance of extra reading material, as well as international trip planning. Just to name a few... Most importantly Susan took me under her "wing" and has supported and encouraged me EVERY step of the way. She is always there for her students after the fact. She mentors everyone after the training whenever it is needed.
Susan's course allowed me to recognize that I ALWAYS had the confidence to become a successful corporate flight attendant. I was just lacking the education and tools to become one. During the emergency training at FSI Joanne Bobb my old friend and now mentor who is now an instructor working for FlightSafety International actually trained me for providing cabin safety for passengers. After attending Susan's training class, Joanne flew for several years and is now a trainer herself! I met April, a class peer, who has become one of my closest friends and is a successful corporate flight attendant right out of Susan's training as well. We frequently exchange stories and our experiences; becoming each other's support system.
To my surprise I started working as a corporate flight attendant five weeks after my training for the same aviation company that I marched into three months earlier. Yesterday I returned from a trip to St. Marten and tomorrow I am leaving for a three day trip to Lake Tahoe, California.
Every experience within the world of aviation is different. From the actual trips, FBO's, crew members, passengers, and catering. While I am thankful for my lengthy experience in public relations and the food and beverage industry, Susan's course gave me the motivation I needed to realize my attributes to set forth on accomplishing my goal. The most important lesson Susan has taught me is to constantly "think outside the box". One must be organized and multi-task oriented without an ego to be a successful business aviation flight attendant and really have a career in this industry. Without Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training class, I would not be where I am today in my constantly growing career.
Thank you Susan for changing my life and assisting me EVERY step of the way....
* Susan C. Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training and Interview for Success Training were the best investments I could have made in my career as a corporate aviation flight attendant. After one year of flying for a fractional aviation company, I thought I had learned enough to go out on my own. I spent 4 months sending out resumes, making calls and doing all I could to get a flying job. Finally, I realized that there must be something that the other flight attendants out there know that I don't. So I invested in Susan's class in Long Beach, CA. I was not too sure if I would really learn anything new, but I did not know where else to turn.
As it turns out, I truly made the right decision! Just 4 days after my Interview for Success Training, I had a major charter company invite me in for an interview! Now, less than 2 weeks after taking that class, I'll be flying my first trip! With Susan's training I accomplished in a few days what I had been trying to do for the past 4 months. I highly recommend this training to everyone looking to succeed in corporate aviation.
Felissa - Southern California; November, 2006
* After working coach, business and first class on both domestic and international flights as a commercial Flight Attendant for 15 years I didn't think making the switch to corporate flying would be a big deal for me. Oh my goodness, was I mistaken! It is COMPLETELY different!!! First of all, there are just different expectations, no manual to follow, no established CRM and the list goes on! After my first corporate trip, which was full of misunderstandings, I knew I needed help if I was going to succeed in this new career path. Just because I flew commercially had nothing to do with business aviation. Susan's class was so rich in her personal experiences that I was able to learn so much thru her own trial and errors!!! This very comprehensive training includes dealing with caterers and then designing and making catering orders has been invaluable as I embark on my new career. Susan is an amazing resource of information that has continued on long after the last day of her training program. I have continued to utilize her training manual as well. Susan has really set the standard in this industry and I am an extremely grateful student. Thank you Susan for sharing your extensive knowledge with others!
* Corporate aviation is a 'fly by the seat of your pants' industry. You can learn the trial by fire OR you can save yourself those burns by taking Susan's course. Safety and medical training are of the utmost importance - but nothing prepares you for the service standards, business aspects, marketing techniques and catering high-jumps that are the hallmark of this industry like Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training.
My first mission was a lengthy international flight with eleven passengers, one of which had a food allergy, and I had to attain catering out of a difficult country on the return trip. Had I not taken Susan's course, I can honestly say that my first flight which was rather daunting due to the passengers, their food restrictions and the fact that it was a lengthy international trip would not have been a success. Her third day of training with the international trip planning really assisted me in my understanding and knowledge. I shined brighter - as an absolute beginner - than many of the experienced flight attendants that had previously been on that particular plane. I would like to add that I did not come from a commercial aviation background. This particular company had used several "flight attendants" before me and what I learned and came away with in Susan's intense three day training has been vital to my success - as it will be for yours!
Robin - Los Angeles 2006
* After having been a flight attendant with a fractional ownership company for four years, I decided to go out on my own as a contract flight attendant. Susan's training was a very comprehensive, informative and effective tool in helping me to achieve my goal. All the aspects of corporate flying are covered in her training program. It prepared me to make a smooth transition from fractional flying, where EVERYTHING, from traveling to the plane you are going out on next, to catering is all done for you. Now I have the responsibility of doing it all myself. Yes, it is more challenging, but it is also much more rewarding and gratifying. Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training covers it all… from the important questions to ask when you are contacted for a flight, catering packaging and temperature storage, to preparing a 'To Go Kit' which is an absolute necessity for charter flying. With charter flying, a person can truly walk into a variety of different situations. I highly recommend Susan's training. A great deal of information is covered in a short amount of time, but if her expertise and guidelines are followed, I believe your goals for success are obtainable.
Lucinda Trozze - Maryland 2006
* I was a Delta flight attendant in Atlanta, Georgia for eight years. I was an on-board leader, ( the F/A in charge.) I worked mostly in first class. After 9-11 things really went down hill. The passengers were not the same and even my co-workers acted differently. One day on a flight to Madrid a young gentleman, like myself, approached me and asked if I had ever thought about being a Corporate Flight Attendant? He was going to Spain to be repositioned for a trip. I later learned from Susan's training that he was actually doing an augmented crew change! We talked for a while and he expressed how excellent my service was and how I put such emphasis on detail when serving my passengers.
When I got home from my trip on the following Sunday I thought about what this corporate flight attendant had said to me. He talked about how great the trips were, the executives and VIP passengers and the difference in the type of money that you make when flying as a corporate flight attendant. I really had started hating to go to work. The trips were bad, and we the flight attendants were all suffering from a forty percent pay cut. I was so ready for a change and a "new life".
I went to my computer and started my research. There were so many articles and schools which had topics about being a Corporate Flight Attendant. However, there was one that really caught my attention and actually stood apart from the others. Susan C. Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training. Within twenty minutes of reading about her and her training I was convinced this was the training that I needed and registered for the next training class that I could get into.
I started the class a few weeks later at FlightSafety International in Atlanta, Georgia. I had not been to school for years so naturally I was a little nervous, but when Susan walked into the room, that nervous feeling that had come upon me seemed to immediately go away. She was very classy and smiled and introduced herself to everyone one on one. The class went by so fast with so much information to absorb. I never knew how different things were on the other side, " the corporate side". I just figured that it would be very similar to the first class service that I had been doing on Delta but it was totally different.
A few weeks after the training I attended the NBAA conference in Denver, CO and I learned even more. I had been networking, calling companies, and marketing myself. I learned all of that in Susan's training. I got a call from a Chief Flight Attendant looking for a Corporate Flight Attendant in the Charlotte, North Carolina area.
I was going on my first trip only five weeks after attending Susan's training and FlightSafety's emergency training. I took out her manual, (my new Bible) which had everything from A to Z from Susan's training and started reviewing. When you do your first trip as a Corporate Flight Attendant everything you learned in that training all comes back to you. The valuable information about every single detail for doing this work when you start out new in this new exciting aviation career just is there for you. It is in a step by step format so you know exactly what to do from the minute you are called to take the trip until it is over.
I would recommend her training to anyone who wants a new start on life. The commercial industry has been crippled so badly and it probably will never be the same as in the past. The corporate aviation industry is huge and it is growing and increasing in size so fast. The need for highly trained Corporate Flight Attendants are as well.
Riley Phillips, ATL
* Last March, 2006 my friend and I (both 28 plus years of flying for a major commercial carrier) attended corporate specific safety training at ALTEON in Long Beach, CA.. I was very anxious to get started. First I decided that I needed a suit for interviewing and working. That let me put off really looking for a job for a while. It was also the end of the ski season, and why not enjoy it, right? In April and May I flew with my airline way too many days, and was too exhausted to look for a job. Again, I was putting off the job hunt. I think I was actually nervous that if I did get a job I still wasn't sure about catering, working with FBO's and generally what to do. Besides, did I really want to leave my other job? Yes, I really did want to leave it! .......
This past June, my friend and I attended Susan's Corporate Flight Attendant Training in Denver, CO and then the NBAA conference. Within one week of taking her training class I met with a local charter (Part 135) company. As we went over the aircraft, discussed catering, the storage room, in-flight procedures and serving procedures, etc. everything that I learned in Susan's three day training made total sense. I was able to say "Yes, we covered that in class". I have flown several trips now, and it is fabulous. Susan's training really helped me make a smooth transition from commercial to private aviation. I really do feel like Susan is sort of with me if I have a question. I think............ OK, What would Susan suggest? The best part is that I know Susan stays with you after the class constantly supporting me and is always available to answer questions or give suggestions. She is always there for you after the fact with guidance.
Noreen - Utah
* As a commercial F/A for 17 years, attending Susan's specialized transitional training program was invaluable for me. Day 1 was very daunting. Day 2 was like she was speaking Chinese or Russian and by day 3 it all made sense and it all fell into place. It is my honest opinion that you just cannot jump from commercial to corporate without taking this training program offered by Susan C. Friedenberg.
Her knowledge is imparted so well in a firm yet gentle caring manner. Her sense of humor and timing is like a stage personality and yet she keeps you on track and on target. I have bonded with the women that went through this training with me and feel as though we made a profound connection and will be life long friends. It was one of the best 3 days spent in a training atmosphere.
Heed her advice: You are a paid guest on the aircraft and if you keep that in mind you will not be BANISHED from a companies contract flight attendant list. Everyone needs a fairy Godmother and Good Witch of the West to encourage, support, inspire and nurture them on their path to fame and glory. Walking in the golden slippers / footsteps of Susan's is a hard act to follow and she will give you the kick in the pants to keep you encouraged, positive and going. This training is worth every penny. She has excellent taste and talent and that gene se quois and joie di vivir that only a world traveler from "Joysey" has. An honest critic of how to be and do this type of flying / work but your best buddy through the process.
Thank you Susan!
Elizabeth Whetter - Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN
Graduate from Long Beach Training at FlightSafety - April, 2006
I am thrilled to let you know that I did my first trip just 5 weeks after completing your Corporate Flight Attendant Training and FlightSafety's training in Atlanta in May. The people I flew with to Burbank, CA were wonderful and the jet was spectacular!! It was everything you said it would be.
Almost everything you taught in your class came into play on this trip. Obviously, the segment on Corporate Aviation Terminology is a must since I had never been a commercial flight attendant I really needed the "language", the interactions with corporate pilots, FBO personnel, etc. and they all use the aviation verbiage. Your section on Trip Planning was invaluable. Your manual is VERY specific, down to the most minute detail of each and every step, from when I was asked to do the trip, to pre-flight preparation, to the detailed sequence of in-flight procedures, duties, and responsibilities, to catering, to post-flight procedures and responsibilities!! What a lifesaver! I feel certain that I could not have broken into the Corporate Aviation industry without your training and continuing support. I can't thank you enough!!
I guess the next big test will come when I do my first International trip. I know that all of the international trip planning information will come into play! Yeah!!! I'll keep you posted.
Thanks and God Bless,
Myra B. Musso
Corporate Flight Attendant, Colorado
*Empowered To Succeed
In 2005 I left my job as a commercial flight attendant... I felt that I had had enough... but after about 3 months I felt empty and I would find myself looking up at the planes as they flew by and would wonder where they where going... but most of all I had lost my friend... THE SKY. After talking to a friend I decided to see what the corporate side of the business was like. I called around and asked a million questions... EMERGENCY TRAINING... that's what you need. So off I went to emergency training... well after 6 days and a whole lot of dollars later I was no closer to that corporate jet... never less the galley I missed so much. That was last June. ZERO... I would make calls and they all said the same thing... YOU NEED SERVICE TRAINING. Well, here is where my story takes a WONDERFUL turn. For almost a year and some months Susan had been sending me emails about her next class... she was like the rabbit she just kept sending them to me. Bless her little cotton socks.
April 21, 2006 I attended Susan's class in Long Beach California (at Flight Safety's Learning Center) and MY LIFE has not been the same since. Her PASSION for this business is contagious... her ZEST for LIFE... well there are no words for that. Her KNOWLEDGE and her ABILITY to pass on that KNOWLEDGE is a gift that only a few people have. Susan has first hand experience... working the planes... ordering the catering (domestic and international) trip management ... and how to manage yourself as a business person... I could go on but you can read about all that on her Web site.
Now here's the BIG one MARKETING... unlike commercial airlines where they post ad's when they want to hire new FA's. Corporations do not do that, they post them on all these sites you have to hunt and peck for and/or pay to find any new openings. (All of these sites and other great web sites are in Susan's training manual) Well getting back to MARKETING... in Susan's class I learned how to market myself... TO GO FOR IT. What was the worst thing that could happen... they would say NO... big deal. NEXT.
Susan EMPOWERED me with her KNOWLEDGE to not be afraid and get out there... so I did. I was going through some papers about a week ago and found a number and an E-mail address that had been given to me about 4 months ago... I had called and left a message but never followed up on it... well this time I E-mailed this person and attached my cover letter and resume with a short apology for never getting back to her... the next day I received an E-mail back "I have passed your resume on to someone I know that needs a flight attendant". The day after that I received a call from the lead flight attendant asking "When can we meet?" Well it has been 19 days since Susan's class ended and I have my first trip on Monday the 15th of May... So DON'T ask yourself, "Do I need her class???" The answer is YES... you do. Her training combined with corporate specific emergency training is the perfect combination for success. She teaches everything that they do not.
Thank You Susan for Empowering Me to Reach for My Dream.
* A Student's Memoir and Testimonial
As I nervously took my last steps on my approach to the classroom, I gasped one last deep breath of air. My heart pounding louder than ever, I felt a sigh of relief to just be inside the door.
For a moment I felt a false sense of security in thinking that the other 14 women here all had the same level of experience as me, none. It soon became very apparent that most of them were already Flight Attendants and I was the only one with no experience.
Susan asked to take my picture and I felt embarrassed to smile thinking to myself that I am not "professional" enough to be photographed yet. As I glanced around the table I immediately doubted whether I had the look of a Flight Attendant. I suddenly felt shy, unattractive, overweight and incredibly insecure.
During our introductions, I faked my confidence and remained polite. Some of the girls knew each other and even worked together. Most were already flying and some had been working for years. Only 2 of us had no actual flying experience except for that vacation we took years ago when we flew commercial. At least 1 other woman, who had no flying experience, at least worked at an airport! I would have traded up for that.
After the first day of the course and a delicious catered lunch, I went back to my hotel room not feeling a bit confused because I did not have clue what to be confused about! What importance did the right containers have and what was gasper air again? I was still excited and determined to learn as much as I could especially since I was new to the biz.
The next days lunch was even better. This proved to me that everyone likes to eat and appreciates good food. Whether you are dining in a restaurant or dining 42,000 feet up in the air, we all like food. I never realized that there were actual airplane / corporate aviation caterers and that the meals could be so elaborate. As the 2nd day grew on, I realized I did have a piece to offer to this puzzle. I have a strong culinary background and corporate banquet serving experience. Although I lacked the actual experience of flying in a Corporate Jet, I had something most of the other women did not. Not only was I a mother, but also I had experience as a waitress: a Fine Dining Server at that. I even offered some tips and tricks of my trade.
As I drove the 5 hours back home, I could only remember very few details of the courses curriculum. Once home, I reread my manual and discovered that what I earlier hadn't been able to comprehend, I now did. The manual has become my best resource for valuable information.
When it was time to put together my resume, I had a reference. When my first interview finally came, (trust the process) I had the resources right at my fingertips. But most of all and to this day, I have a friend, and trainer, named, Susan Friedenberg. She is at the other end of the telephone always available to answer my questions and give me support.
Upon obtaining employment approximately 5 months after completing all of my training, when I experience CDS (Catering Disaster Stress), I apply BART and visualize Susan perched on my shoulder whispering, "remember what I taught you." Thank you Corporate Flight Attendant Training!
"I absolutely would not be where I am today in the world of Corporate Aviation if it had not been for taking Susan Friedenberg's Corporate Flight Attendant Training course. As a trainee entering this business with no aviation experience, I can truly say that the tools and support I received from Susan are what it takes to become a success in this field.
From the business point of view, Susan's course gives you invaluable information not found anywhere else. She teaches you how to customize your resume and how to get ready for the actual interview. She goes beyond the call of duty with her readily organized preprinted forms for all of your flying needs. These business tools help you to look and act professionally and gain respect from aviation corporations / managers by impressing them with your newly obtained organizational skills. They won't be able to distinguish between the beginner and the experienced.
Susan's years of experience teach you things that you would never learn anywhere else. FACTS and Flight Safety teach you required SOP's in order to obtain work upon an aircraft in the event of an emergency, but where do you learn about the other side of the corporate coin: catering and food service and business skills?
The helpful hints and secrets of the culinary industry that I learned from taking Susan's course have not only made me look good but have given me a crutch to fall back on in times of CDS (Catering Disaster Stress). You all will experience this at some point in your career. This is where Susan's course comes into play big time. From turning a lunch flight into a dinner flight to effectively disposing of garbage, and stowing the dishes, Susan's course covers everything from soup to nuts. This training takes you through the expectations looked at from the client / corporation from the trip's start to its' completion."
October 1, 2003
* Dear Susan,
I really don't know where to start, or how to tell you what an incredible weekend it was for me. The training has been with me almost constantly and it really feels as though I have been through a very deep learning process. I know that there is much ahead of me in this work and industry. It is clear that I have gained an insight into this profession that would have taken a very long time to accumulate on my own.
The passion that you have for this field and the generosity with which you impart your vast knowledge is truly inspiring and I am very happy that I took the first step, and forever grateful to you. Thank you!
Philadelphia, PA & NYC, New York